Camino Portugués: Stage 15
Oporto – Vilarinho (26,5 km)
Today you will walk from Porto to Vilarinho. There are approximately 35 kilomtres between these two villages. You can divide this stage into two or maybe stay the night somewhere such as Maia that is located 13 kilometres from Porto.
You will leave Porto from Campo dos Mártires da Pátria, then you will cross the Igreja do Carmo church and then you will walk through the Rua de Cedofeita street to the chapel da Ramada Alta chapel. Then you will walk through the streets 9 de Julho, Carvalhido, Monte dos Burgos, Padrão da Légua, Custóias Gondivai and Araujo. Then you will have two options:
- You can go straight forward towards Moreira bridge and finding a little bit after the national road EN 13, you will continue through this road till get to Soutelo and Carrpata.
- The other alternative that you have is to cross a path to get to Sousa Prata, after this street you will get to a roman bridge called Barreiros, then you will get to the EN13.
Once you get to the EN13 you will have to continue to get to the Igreja de Nossa Senhora do Bom Despacho church, located in Maia. After crossing this church you will have to turn left through the Rua do Pinha street to get to a neighborhood called Recamunde.
Then, after crossing some streets you will get to a crossing and the you will continue through Rua José Moreira Silva street or Largo sa Capela de Santo António. Once you get there you will have to turn left through the Rua Adelino Amaro street and crossin the road that comes from Ermesinde, this way you will get to Gemunde where you can stop to rest or eat something. Then, you will cross Padrinho and you will have to turn right towards Lameira and Mosteiró. From this village you will continue straight forward to get to Carrapata. You will get to Vilarinho through the N306 and crossing before Rochino and Joudin.
What to see
We recommend you not to try walking more kilometers than you really can. Usually, there are intermediate stops where you can spend the night and split the stage in two. We walk by your side! If you have any doubt about this stage or about other stages, please contact us, we will help you. Have a nice Way, pilgrim!
What to eat
- Suckling goat
- Tripas à moda do Porto (typical stew mainly made with meat and beans)
- Typical cold meat
- Francesinha (a Portuguese sandwich originally from Porto, made with bread, wet-cured han, linguiça, fresh sausage, steak or roast meat and covered with melted cheese and hot thick tomato and beer sauce served with French fries)
- Typical wine and sweet bread
Bear in mind
It is a long stage so you could stay the night in Maia, nevertheless it is an easy stage for everyone.What to see
|Towns||Public Hostel||Bike rental||Medical assistance||Coffe bar||Teller||Pharmacy||Hotel||Touristic Information||Guesthouse||Restaurant||Supermarket||Veterinarian|
|Vilar do Pinheiro||✔||✔||✔|